Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Baked Buffalo Chicken Tacos

I can't believe I haven't posted in over a month. June was a pretty busy month here in our home. To begin, Baby P was sick for about 2 weeks, so Hubby and I spent most of our time comforting her and eating small meals whenever we could, like soup sandwiches, and mac and cheese. No impressive recipes there. Then, school was ending on June 17th, so I had a lot going on at work as I prepared for the summer, which I have off to spend time with P. Now, with summer underway, and Baby P back to normal (minus fighting sleep something fierce....) I'm hoping to get back into trying some new recipes.

This recipe is from about 2 weeks ago and it was great! Leftovers don't end up so great with this recipe, as the taco shells get soggy and reheating them makes them even soggier. I recommend this for when you know they will all be eaten right after you make them. I adapted it slightly by using a rotisserie chicken for convenience and using the Sweet n' Smoky rub we love to use to season the chicken rather than just using paprika and pepper.  My preparation is listed below. If you want to use chicken breasts, just click the link for the original recipe and follow that. I topped mine with lettuce and blue cheese dressing to help cut some of the heat since I'm a wuss when it comes to hot foods.

Baked Buffalo Chicken Tacos
Adapted from Gal on a Mission

2-2.5 cups cooked shredded chicken
2.5 tsp. Sweet n' Smoky rub seasoning (or seasonings of your choice)
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot sauce
8-10 taco shells
Shredded cheese of your choice

Taco toppings of your choice (I used blue cheese dressing and shredded lettuce)

1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. In a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine the cream cheese, butter and hot sauce and stir. Heat until cream cheese is melted and everything is smooth.
3. Mix the seasoning with the chicken to coat the pieces, then add the seasoned chicken to the pan of hot sauce. Stir to combine.
4. Arrange taco shells upright in a 9x13 baking dish and evenly distribute chicken amongst the shells. Top with shredded cheese.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted.




No comments: