Monday, October 10, 2011

Muffin Pan Pizzas

Football season is a great time for me, because I get to cook all my new appetizer recipes for everyone every Sunday and I get to keep track of Tom Brady's current hairstyle. Yesterday I made some tortellini skewers (tortellini marinated in Italian dressing, black olives, cheese cubes and pepperoni all on a skewer) and these muffin pan pizzas that I came across a while ago.

Muffin Pan Pizzas
(makes 24)

4 flour tortillas
jar of pizza sauce
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
pinch of oregano
pinch of parsley
pinch of garlic powder
shredded mozzarella cheese
mini pepperonis

1. Preheat oven to 425. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Using a cookie cutter, cut out 24 rounds from the tortillas. You can get 6-7 rounds from 1 tortilla if you space it right.
3. Place the rounds into the muffin pan.
4. In a small bowl mix together almost all of the jar of pizza sauce (I left about 1/3 cup in the jar), Parmesan cheese, oregano, parsley and garlic. Place a spoonful onto each tortilla round.
5. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and then top with mini pepperonis.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until cheese is melted, bubbly and starting to brown. Remove from pan to a cooling rack and repeat with remaining rounds.



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

This looks wicked easy.. I might try this for a party at my house on Friday... xo