Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Oreo Chunk Bundt Cake

In my previous post, I mentioned my bridal shower this past weekend. Included in my awesome gifts was a bundt pan from my bridesmaid Pam. I have mini bundt pans, but I was pretty pumped to finally get a big one. So, when it's raining what else is there to do but bake?

Laundry....there's always laundry to do....

I started looking for recipes that I maybe already had all the ingredients for. I came across this one, and while it's not 100% homemade because it uses a boxed cake mix, it was quick and simple, and allowed me to test out my new pan! It's delicious. It's as delicious and sweet as it looks in the picture. It needs a glass of milk to go with it, just like Oreos. It's original name was Cookies and Cream bundt cake, but when I hear that I think a chocolate cake with Oreo cream. This is a yellow cake with chunks of Oreos baked into it.

Oreo Chunk Bundt Cake
slightly adapted from Chocolate Chocolate and More

1 box yellow cake mix (or white)
Ingredients for mix (3 eggs, 1 cup water, 1/3 cup oil)
3 cups crushed Oreos

For the glaze:
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
4 tablespoons milk
1 sleeve of crushed Oreos

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Follow the instructions on the cake mix box. Fold in crushed Oreos. Bake for amount of time listed on the box for a bundt cake.
3. Let cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then cool completely.
4. For the glaze, add the butter and milk to the powdered sugar and whisk until smooth. If you want it thinner, add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time. Drizzle over the cake and top with more crushed Oreos.



No comments: