Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Spinach and Artichoke Chicken

What a past week it has been. Summer school has come to an end. My teaching days in Westford came to an end. Pop Warner cheer practices have begun. I started some training in my new school district. Wedding invitations have been sent out. And, most excitingly, my wonderful, amazing, and lovely bridesmaids threw me the best shower ever this past Sunday!

My house is full of totally awesome shower gifts, many of which I hope to feature in this blog soon enough. Tonight you will see a few of the new items and after we return from our beach vacation next week, there will be more!

Today, is has rained non-stopped since morning. The pups have the rainy day blues and have been lounging around on the couch all day. Lana is too afraid to stay out in the rain, and Tess likes to go out for a few minutes, just long enough to get wet and have me towel dry her. She LOVES being towel dried. What have I done today? Finished, sealed and stamped my thank you notes, laundry, baked a cake (coming soon), organized some RSVPs I got, went to the library, the post office and went to Home Goods. I got a couple of gift cards to Home Goods, but today, I just couldn't decide on something to buy. It really bummed me out, because usually I want everything in Home Goods. Today, I just couldn't focus. But I can always go back and browse again later. I have too much on my mind finishing my planning for the beach next week.

Last night, Dan and I finished unpacking almost all of our shower gifts. I had a lot of fun playing around with our new Nespresso machine, getting use out of our new margarita glasses, and using our new dishes! It's like Christmas at my house. Funny thing about last night's dinner is that Dan doesn't eat spinach or artichoke, but likes spinach artichoke dip. This recipe came out great. Just don't forget the 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese like I did. Once we were eating it I stated it needed more cheese or something more salty, and sure enough when I re-read the recipe, I completely overlooked the Parmesan cheese. The chicken came out perfectly moist. The original recipe called for 8 chicken breasts, but there's just two of us. It ended up being cheaper for me to buy a family pack of chicken, so I made all 5, and have some leftovers which was my lunch today and might be my dinner tonight.

Spinach and Artichoke Chicken
from Add a Pinch

4 or 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
13.75 oz can of chopped artichokes, drained and chopped smaller if desired
10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove moisture
2 shallots, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease a large baking dish.
2. Place chicken in baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile combine the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Spread over chicken breasts and bake for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through.

I served ours with some Chicken style rice.

 

 
 
Our new dishes!
 
We had some large chicken breasts, so one cut up with some rice was far more than filling!


There's our new cupcake sign, silverware hooks and Moscow Mule mugs. And Dan making his dinner plate!

No comments: