Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Homemade Quesadillas

I feel like though it is just about August 1st, summer is quickly coming to an end. I only have 6 more days of summer school left, then a week off, and then we head up to the beach for a week and then it's back to school. Where does the time go?

It goes by even faster with all of the small things I have to do to wrap up the last of the wedding details. Dan and I have also been all over the place at night, so finding dinners that work and aren't going to waste has been tough. Not to mention, this whole Market Basket fiasco has caused other stores, like my Shaws, to be overcrowded with customers. I wish the whole thing will be over soon so I can have my peaceful store back. This week I've focused on some quick dinners, so stand-by favorites of ours and I figured I'd try out some homemade quesadillas tonight. I wanted something that could be thrown together quickly since Dan is doing side work and we don't know when he'll be home.

Now, I've made your standard snack quesadillas that you just pop into the microwave, but I've never made more authentic-style quesadillas. Another thing I like about quesadillas is that I can personalize them to our own tastes. Mine has some chipotle spices with Colby Jack cheese, peppers, onions and corn. Dan's (yet to be made) will be either barbecue chicken and cheese or buffalo chicken and cheese. He's not into any Mexican-style flavors, so our house lacks some would-be phenomenal taco or fajita dinners. I like to get my chipotle in there whenever I can!

You can make these pretty much however you'd like. I used a rotisserie chicken for convenience and grabbed some tortillas. The rest of my ingredients I had at home.

Homemade Quesadillas

large flour tortillas
shredded chicken (or whatever meat you choose)
other toppings as desired (I used corn, peppers and onions pre-steamed)
shredded cheese of your choice
Garnishes of your choice (I used sour cream and salsa)

1. Preheat oven to 425. Place your desired ingredients on one-half of the tortilla. Fold the other half over. Spray a baking sheet with cooking oil and place tortilla on baking sheet. Spray the top of the tortilla with some oil as well and bake for 5 minutes on each side.



No comments: