Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Cracked Out Chicken Noodle Casserole

That's a pretty intense name for a casserole, but this one is well deserved. Today is a sweltering, heavy, 88 degrees, so unless you have central air like we have, maybe save this for a cooler day...

Does anyone else's dog do the following: Kick up pillows and cushions all over the couch to make themselves a little resting spot? Lana does that. Yesterday she kicked the pillows out from under Tess's head, and today we have this....


A sisterhood divided
 
That was about a half hour or go. Lana is now tightly curled into a ball in that spot and Tess moved to floor. Ever since Lana needed a bland diet of boiled chicken back in the winter, every time I boil chicken she sits in the kitchen and whines for a piece. You can prepare your chicken however you like, boiling is one of my least favorite methods, I like baking or sautéing chicken better. I will also use a rotisserie chicken if I need precooked chicken for a recipe, but to cut the time and dishes down, I boiled my chicken for this.

Oh, I almost forgot...

Our parents threw us a wonderful Jack and Jill last Friday! It was a fantastic night of fun and dancing and we were so happy that so many family and friends could celebrate with us. If it's any indication of how the wedding will go, then it's sure to be the party of the century! I spent all last week hanging out with my brother and his girlfriend who were here from California. We went to Hampton Beach to see the sights (and get lobster rolls), went to Kimballs in Westford to play mini golf and get ice cream, and went to Kimballs in Lancaster later in the week to have seafood (more lobster rolls for me!) and ice cream. Followed the Jack and Jill and then my dad's birthday celebration, which was a family clambake. Yes more lobster. I even had extra to bring home (to make lobster rolls). I'm a little lobstered out, if that's even possible!

This dish I seriously delicious. It's creamy and cheesy and packed with great flavor from the bacon and ranch. This is definitely going on my repeat dinner list!

Cracked Out Chicken Noodle Casserole
from Plain Chicken

4 cups cooked, chopped chicken
12 oz. egg noodles
2 can cream of chicken soup
16 oz. light sour cream
3 oz. bacon pieces
1 packet ranch dip/dressing mix
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup crushed Fritos ( I did not use)

1. Preheat oven 350 and grease a 9x13 baking dish. Cook noodles according to package and drain.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, soup, sour cream, bacon, ranch, and cheddar cheese. Stir in the noodles and transfer to the prepared baking dish.
3. Top with Fritos (if using), and bake for 25-30 minutes.






 

No comments: