Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Pesto Chicken Pasta

Here's the other dish I brought to our monthly dinner at my grandmother's house. I just randomly threw it together with things I had around the house. It turned out pretty good and most of it went quickly. For the pesto, I used a mix from Tastefully Simple that I had (and finally used the last of). You could use prepared pesto or find a recipe to make your own. I had about 1/4 cup of it, which is all the pasta needed. It wasn't too overwhelming. I also added in just under a 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese to the pasta as well as I mixed everything together. I think this would be great as a cold pasta salad as well. Cold chicken sort of freaks me out, so I would substitute it with some cubed mozzarella or something if I were to serve it cold. Also, when I used the small jar of sun-dried tomatoes in oil, I rinsed them quickly. I didn't need all that oil in the pasta, since the pesto had some with it.

Pesto Chicken Pasta

1 package any pasta you choose, I used Farfalle
1/4 cup prepared pesto
about 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieced
1 small jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil

1. Boil pasta and drain. Return to pot.
2. Add the chicken and tomatoes. Add the pesto and cheese and mix everything together until well mixed.

Boom, that's it! Easy peasy.

No comments: