Sunday, November 8, 2015

Peanut Butter Nutella Rolls

I love dessert recipes that are cheap, quick, and easy. Cheap is for the obvious reason of not spending tons of money on something, but quick and easy is for being able to whip something up in those moments where you need some sort of sweets, but aren't going to bake a cake or full batch of cupcakes. I have a ton of pictures of this process. That being said, they're all in terrible lighting so I apologize. I'd like to start with my workspace.


The workspace is a little crammed due to the counter space next to the sink and oven being taken over by the bottle-drying station, and the rest of my counter being taken over by gnomes.

Yes, gnomes.


There's a long back story as to why Dan collects gnomes, starting with some high school pranks. I won't get into it, but since then people give him gnomes as joke gifts and now we have about 15 or so in our mudroom and on the lawn. As he cleaned out the mudroom today we washed the dust and cobwebs (ughhhhh) off of some of them and they were left to dry on the counter. That's just a small section of what we have.

Anyways, back to these rolls. When I went shopping today I did need to grab some Nutella. It's not something we often have in the house. As I was grabbing it, I almost bought this instead.


Umm...since when has this been in existence??? You could make these rolls with this. Or with their chocolate cheesecake spread. Or peanut butter and jelly. Or cheesecake filling and fruit. Or...

The possibilities are endless!

My cream cheese icing was thicker than I would have liked and I used vanilla bean paste, so it's a darker color as well. It still tastes good, but it wasn't that gooey, melty icing I wanted. I thought it would melt when I swirled t on the rolls fresh out of the oven, but it stayed pretty thick. Either way, these are delicious. It's a nice balance of sweet and buttery from the biscuit dough. Next time, I will try a different fun flavor and probably make a standard icing/glaze of powdered sugar and milk.

Peanut Butter Nutella Rolls
adapted from Inspired by Charm

1 can biscuit dough (like Pillsbury)
Peanut butter
Nutella
Flour and powdered sugar for sprinkling
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1.5 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease 8 muffin tin cups.
2. Lightly flour and sugar your work surface. Roll out your biscuits until they are about double in size.
3. Spread a spoonful of peanut butter and a spoonful of Nutella on the dough. Roll up and cut into thirds.
4. Place the 3 pieces cut side up, into a muffin cup. Repeat with each biscuit.
5. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. While baking, mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over rolls fresh out of the oven.

Now for the sub-par photos.

















 
 


No comments: