Monday, January 18, 2016

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread

As everyone knows (well, everyone who reads my baking posts), I don't eat a lot of baked goods. I also never eat an entire bunch of bananas, which works out well for making breads and muffins. As good as plain banana bread is, I tend to like to make "flavored" banana breads. Well, yes, banana is a flavor, but you get my point...

My usually stocked pantry has been running out of some items lately, so I had assumed I'd be making a plain old banana bread. I was even running low on chocolate chips. However, I found this recipe, and had everything for it, which made me one happy baker. I made this earlier this week. I had a couple of slices for breakfast, and then brought the rest to work. Needless to say it was gone in under 5 minutes after I put it in the staff room. This recipe is a keeper.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
from Back for Seconds

1/3 cup creamy peanut butter + 2 tbsp. for the topping
1/2 cup canola oil
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. baking soda
1 and 3/4 cup flour

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the peanut butter, oil, bananas, cocoa and sugar until well combined. Add the eggs and milk and mix. Mix in the baking soda and flour until just combined.
3. Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 40-50 minutes. (Mine took about 65 minutes...)
4. Let cool completely. Remove from loaf pan.
5. Once the bread is cool, heat the 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and pour into a small plastic bag (like a Ziploc). Cut a corner of the bag to make it into a piping bag and drizzle the peanut butter over the bread.



No comments: