Thursday, February 18, 2016

Cheesy Chicken Rollups

I don't know why I don't follow my gut more. Like when I start making a recipe and think of a way that might be better, but then choose not to make it that way. This recipe is perfectly delicious as is, but I found that working with the chopped chicken was tougher. Next time I make this, I will cook chicken tenderloins and cut them to fit the crescent rolls. That way there's more substance than the chopped chicken that fell out everywhere. Other than that, I would keep this recipe the same. I doubled this so we could have leftovers, below is the recipe for 1 batch.

Cheesy Chicken Rollups
From Plain Chicken

1 can crescent rolls
1 large chicken breast, cooked and chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
2. Combine the cream of chicken soup, milk and cheese. Pour 1/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the dish.
3. Place some chopped chicken on an unrolled crescent roll and top with 1 teaspoon of soup mixture. Roll up and put into the dish.
4. Repeat with remaining rolls and cover with remaining soup mixture.
5. Sprinkle some extra cheese on top is desired (I did!).
6. Bake for 30 minutes.


No comments: