Thursday, January 25, 2018

Chicken Cordon Bleu Rolls

Having a 2 year old and a 7 month old has really changed my blogging life. I haven't posted in over a year. It's not that I haven't made any new recipes in over a year, but some coveted time to sit here on my laptop almost doesn't exist. As I type this now, my eyes dart back and forth from the screen to my tiny gentleman, Cal (oh my goodness, I never even updated on the fact that I had the baby!), who is rolling around my living room, squealing and putting anything he can find into his mouth. This is also while hearing the words "Mumma, juice" on repeat as I tell Peyton "No". Seriously, part of my life is tracking juice intake to ward off diaper rashes and awful diaper messes. That part of my life is taking over my blogging part. All the other parts are taking over my energy and free time (the seriously small amount I have). My "free time" is catching up on Facebook on my phone at the end of the night, trying to keep up with some journaling, or going to bed leaving half a glass of wine that poured myself 3 hours ago on the coffee table.

No joke.

But, let's back track a second here. The last time I blogged I had found out I was pregnant about a month before that. It was quite the pregnancy, not as easy as my pregnancy with P, a few minor complications, but Callan Francis arrived 3 weeks early and is cute as can be. Being pregnant with a toddler at home makes it that more exhausting and also made it go by in the blink of an eye. P is wonderful with him and is an excellent big sister, so we at least don't have to add sibling jealousy to our chaos...yet...

Anyways, like I said before, finding time to cook new and exciting meals isn't really there, so nevermind if I do find the time for that, there's no time for blogging.  This post is a great example. I started this post last night. Then bedtime rolled around for P, which is a nightmare, and by the time that was done I put myself to bed. I have a little extra time tonight because she is at Disney on Ice with her Grammy (thanks mom!). I better just get to the recipe before Cal gets to fussing. I saw this on Pinterest but then never pinned it, so I just kind of recreated what I remember reading. Below is my version.

Chicken Cordon Bleu Rolls

1 can crescent rolls (I highly recommend the seamless ones)
3-4 slices deli ham
3-4 slices deli chicken
1 cup of shredded cheese of your choice
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. honey

1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Roll out your crescent rolls onto a lightly greased surface. If you are using regular rolls like I did, pinch all the seams together to make a large rectangle.
3. Mix the mustard and honey together and spread over the dough.
4. Place your slices of ham down and top with half the cheese.
5. Place your slices of chicken down and top with remaining cheese.
6. Roll the dough into a log (the long way!).
7. Cut into 8 or 9 pieces and place into a greased pie plate.
8. Bake for 20 minutes until dough is golden brown.

I threw mine together quickly, and slightly overstuffed it, so the seams busted open making it messier, but no less tasty. Use the seamless dough if you can to avoid that!







No comments: