Monday, September 12, 2011

Portobello Mushroom Tortellini

I was pretty surprised when I realized that I have never posted this recipe before, I've made it 5 or so times since I became a chef (I use that term loosely). This is a super easy and very adaptable recipe, so you can make it in a snap and change it up. Most of the ingredients I already had at home, other than the tortellini and the mushrooms. It also smells really really good, so it's an impressive dish to have cooking if people are going to stop by.

Portobello Mushroom Tortellini
no idea where it's from

1 lb. cheese tortellini
2 portobello caps, sliced into 1-inch pieces (I used pre-sliced baby portobellos, they were cheaper)
1/4 cup white wine
1 tablespoon parsley
2 cloves of garlic, minced
8 oz. Alfredo sauce (I had a jar of roasted red pepper Alfredo on hand)
grated or shredded Parmesan for topping

1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a medium skillet, add the wine, parsley, garlic and mushrooms over medium heat. Saute until the mushrooms are cooked through. Remove from heat and stir in the alfredo sauce.
3. Spoon tortellinis into a dish and top with sauce (I mix all mine together before hand). Then top with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!



No comments: