Sunday, September 4, 2011

Restaurant Review: Stella Blu

I have recently realized that I have a habit of making lists. I have lists of recipes, to-do lists, work supply lists, and lists of restaurants I want to eat in. My friend Jaime has gift certificates. When her gift certificates and my restaurant lists get together, we have a great night out planned. That's what happened last night. I decided that a girl's night out was in order, and Jaime thought $100 towards a meal was just what we needed. We went to Stella Blu in Nashua, NH.

Stella Blu is a little tapas place I discovered while trolling around Urbanspoon.com. Each dish ranges from $7-$15 or so, and while the portions tend to be small (serves 2-3 people), they are delicious. We started with some Lobster Mac & Cheese springrolls. Yes. Lobster. Mac & Cheese. Rolled up and fried/baked. I wish I came up with genius ideas like that.
Lobster Mac & Cheese Springrolls

Then, we had some fried calamari with a spicy arrabiata dipping sauce. Jaime wanted to drink the sauce, and I agreed that it wouldn't have been wrong of her to do so. The sauce was better than the calamari.
Calamari with Arrabiata Sauce

We also had some crab dip, which was ridiculously good. I didn't each too much of it, I was saving room to try the other dishes we wanted.
Crab Dip

The second round consisted of szechuan green beans, smoked salmon and vegetables, duck rangoons and my personal favorite - braised short ribs with pureed root veggies. I don't use this term often (or in a serious manner) but OMG. I could eat these all day long. I will definitely be trying to make my own in the future.
Smoked Salmon with Veggies

Szechuan Green Beans

Duck Rangoons

Braised Short Ribs with Pureed Root Veggies
I topped it all off with a nice Stella Artois. I would definitely go back there again. There were so many plates that we didn't even get to try. And, for a highly rated restaurant, it was very quiet. Perhaps it was just due to it being labor day weekend, but we were surprised. Luckily, that had no reflection on the food. It was fantastic.

1 comment:

redsoxfanaticgirl said...

I just wanted to advise you that today, i looked at the menu again and found at least 5 more things I want to try, as well as I just drolled over your pictures, but you left out that I said i wanted 10 orders of the Duck Rangoon to go!