Thursday, August 18, 2011

Chocolate-Chocolate Buttermilk Cookies

It's been a busy week. A good friend of mine's grandfather passed away, so I was bartending the after-funeral gathering today. I made some cookies yesterday to bring with me (which I forgot!) and now my trivia crowd is eating them as we speak. I also didn't take any pictures, as I was hurrying. This post is going to be short and sweet, since I am in the middle of hosting trivia.


 Chocolate-Chocolate Buttermilk Cookies
from Goddess of Baking

2 Cups Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup or 1 Stick Butter, unsalted and melted
3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder, best quality available
2 Cups Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2/3 Cup Buttermilk, regular or low fat
2 Cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
  3. In the bowl of your kitchen aid with the whisk attachment, combine the cocoa powder and melted butter until smooth. Add in the sugar, vanilla, and buttermilk. 
  4. Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  5. Scoop the dough onto the lined baking sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool more.


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

woo hoo!! I got to eat one of these- delicious!