Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Cheese and Chourico Stuffed Chicken

I'm on vacation. I'm on vacation. I'm on vacation.

Did I mention I'm on vacation?

I got a couple of pretty sweet baking cookbooks for Christmas, so perhaps tomorrow I'll start using some of those recipes. I also got some pretty sweet kitchen gear too, like a roasting pan, a cupcake batter dispenser (yesssss), a strainer spoon, a garlic crusher, a cake carrier, and.....a waffle maker!

Tonight I actually made something without a recipe. I know, I'm moving on up in the cooking world. It was pretty good too, but I would definitely add more cheese next time...most of it melted and leaked out of the chicken.

Cheese & Chourico Stuffed Chicken


4 chicken breasts, pounded out to about 1/2 or 1/4 inch
1 chourico sausage, casing removed and chopped into small pieces
1/2 block of Velveeta cheese, diced (there will be leftovers)
6 slices of bacon, uncooked

1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Place some diced chourico and diced cheese in the middle of the flattened chicken. Roll up and place seem side down in a greased baking dish.
3. Repeat with the rest of the chicken, sausage and cheese.
4. Cut bacon strips in half and place 3 pieces over each chicken breast.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes until juices run clear and chicken is cooked through.



Place chicken between saran wrap when pounding



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

hey- is chourico the same as chorizo, or is it a different sausage??