Thursday, December 1, 2011

Taco Pasta

Dan says I have to finish this post before we go out.

Why is Dan dictating what I do? Because I can't make up my mind...though I did decide what to make for dinner...no input from Dan.

I was doing pretty good on making dinner that contain lots of meat, but I always come back to pasta at some point. Damn carbs. I've had this recipe for quite some time, and have always wanted to make it, but I spent a decent amount of time debating between this and empanadas. Stay tuned for those.

I also made some jalapeno corn bread with this. Just take a basic cornbread muffin mix, prepare as directed and add 1/2 a cup of corn kernels (I used canned) and 1 diced jalapeno.

Taco Pasta 
from Lauren's Latest

1lb. ground beef
1/2 lb. rotini
1 packet taco seasoning
1 1/2 cups salsa
1/2 cup water
2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup cream

1. Cook pasta as directed until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, brown beef in a deep skillet. Drain and rinse under hot water to remove the fat. Wipe down the pan.
3. Return beef to pan and mix in the taco seasoning, salsa and water. Stir to combine and reduce heat to simmer.
4. When pasta is done, drain it and add it to the skillet. Mix it in with the meat and salsa.
5. Stir in the cheese and cream and mix until cheese is melted.



No comments: