Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Crockpot Ribs

I now own my own crock pot.

Not true. I now co-own a crock pot that Dan brought when he moved in.

For all intensive purposes, I own a crock pot. I'm sticking with that story.

We had talked about making ribs for a while, and spent a considerable amount of time debating between traditional ribs (pork or beef) or short ribs. I would eat short ribs every day if possible, but variety is the spice of life so they say. I went with beef back ribs and used a new bottle of onion and garlic barbecue sauce I found at Christmas Tree Shop.



Crock Pot Ribs
adapted from here 

1 onion, quartered
4 cloves garlic, peeled
1 cup water
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup cooking wine
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

Place ribs in a crock pot with quartered onion and garlic. Cover with water, BBQ sauce, wine and Worcestershire sauce. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. After 8 or so hours, cover with more BBQ sauce if you like a saucier rib.


Yeah. Be jealous.

No comments: