Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pizza Dip

Every Wednesday is Girl's Night at my friend Lindsey's. Lindsey's and another friend of mine's husbands play pool on Wednesdays, so we go to Lindsey's since she's home with two of the cutest kids in the entire world (it's true). For the past month or so, we've been bringing food to girl's night, and this week we had a few special treats.


Yeah, that's a calzone with hamburg, ham, pepperoni and onions.

I envy Pam for being able to work with pizza dough....pizza dough and I are enemies.

My special treat was this pizza dip that I saw on Foodgawker. I did a very very basic version with the ingredients below, but the actual recipe calls for garlic powder, dried oregano and dried basil to be added, which I recommend.

Pizza Dip
adapted from The Way to His Heart

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 jar pizza sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
mini pepperoni

1.Preheat oven to 325.
2. Grease a pie plate or square baking dish with cooking spray.
3. Spread the cream cheese on the bottom of the pie plate. Spread the pizza sauce over the cream cheese. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top (and spices if using). Top with mini pepperonis.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and everything is heated through.

It didn't make it too long....

No comments: