Sunday, January 22, 2012

Teriyaki Brisket

Yesterday, I thought we were going to get snowed in. Dan and I went grocery shopping in the morning and basically prepared to stay in all day and night. It stopped snowing early in the afternoon and we ended up going out with friends. We did however get a lot done. I cooked and Dan furiously cleaned all day.

I ended up making my shepherd's pie with cream stout gravy. I could drink that gravy. I would eat it on everything if I could. It's seriously that good.

Today, I made a teriyaki brisket in the crock pot. It was super delicious.

Teriyaki Brisket
from Betty Crocker 

2 - 2.5 lb. beef brisket (not corned beef)
3/4 cup teriyaki marinade/glaze
1 tbsp. grated orange peel
3 tbsp. water
2 tbsp. corn starch

1. Trim the brisket of fat.
2. Place in the crockpot.
3. Combine the teriyaki and orange peel together and pour over the brisket.
4. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
5. Remove from crockpot and cover to keep warm.
6. Combine the water and cornstarch and mix it into the juices in the crockpot. Cook on high for 15 minutes until sauce thickens.
7. Cut the brisket across the grain into slices and serve with sauce.

No comments: