Thursday, August 2, 2012

Cheesy Corn Dip

I was supposed to make this recipe last week, but didn't get the chance to. I was pretty pumped to make it tonight. Who doesn't love corn, bacon, cheese and butter?

Let me tell you...this recipe does not come out the way you think it should. It's supposed to be a cheesy corn casserole side dish thing. It came out as cheese and corn covered by a layer, and I mean a thick layer, of melted butter. I had already reduced the amount of butter, but if I was going to try and make the intended recipe, which I won't attempt again, I would nix the butter altogether. It ended up as some sort of buttery, cheesy chowder or soup or bisque or something. It does end up as a pretty decent dip however if you add in more Velveeta cheese after it bakes.

Cheesy Corn Dip
originally from someone who thinks eating an inch of melted butter is okay....

1 can sweet corn
1 can creamed corn
2 cups Velveeta cheese, cubed, and divided
2 tbsp (or none!) butter, cubed
5 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cook bacon.
3. In a square casserole dish, mix together the corn, creamed corn and 1 cup cubed cheese (and butter if using). Bake for 25 minutes. Stir, then bake for another 20 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and mix in the remaining cup of cubed cheese until melted.
5. Sprinkle the crumbled bacon on top and serve with tortilla chips.


No comments: