Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Raspberry Cream Cheese Pie

Did you know its National Raspberry Cream Pie Day?



You probably didn't, because who would know that.

I would.

I didn't want to make a whole entire traditional raspberry cream pie. A lot of my baked goods don't get fully eaten around here, only when I bring them to places. Dan wouldn't eat this and I certainly don't need a whole pie. I've also been wanting to make a cheesecake lately, so when I saw this recipe, it was a mix of the two, a cheesecake and a raspberry cream pie. And, only a few ingredients.



I modified the recipe a bit to make mini pies. They're easier to take with me for lunch at work, and for some reason, I feel like it's smaller and healthier than a slice of a big pie. That's my logic and it works for me.

I used 6 mini graham cracker crusts for this recipe, and I could've filled 8-10. I have a little tub of leftover pie filling in the fridge....

Note: There are many ways you can add the raspberries to this. I originally was just going to fold them in whole at the end. Then at the last minute, I decided I wanted some pink coloring, so I smashed about 10 raspberries and folded that in too. For more raspberry flavor, you could beat them into the mix before you fold in the whipped cream. You could also add a couple drops of raspberry extract.

Raspberry Cream Cheese Pie
from Foodess

1 premade pie crust or 8 mini premade pie crusts, or your own recipe for pie crust
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
1 block (8 oz) cream cheese, room temp
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
1 cup heavy whipping cream
Extra raspberries and cool whip for serving

1. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
2. Add in the vanilla, sugar and lemon juice.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture lightly until combined. Fold in the raspberries.
4. Spoon into the pie crust(s). Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to overnight. Serve with cool whip and fresh raspberries.

Ready for the fridge

One for lunch just with cool whip


No comments: