Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Barbecue Country-Style Ribs

The madness begins.

Cheer season officially started today. School officially starts next Tuesday. My summer has come to an end. I have stopped setting cooking goals for this blog, because they never work out. My schedule changes on a daily....more like hourly, basis. I go grocery shopping and buy what's easy...which usually comes in a box or a bag from the freezer. It depresses me most of the time. 

When it comes to ribs, I prefer them on the bone. I've only made ribs in the crock pot before, never in the oven. The country-style pork ribs were a decent price, so I grabbed them and figured I was going to make them in the crock pot. Then I came across a recipe I had saved forever ago and decided the oven was the way to go.

I still prefer the crock pot, but these were good too. I really liked the homemade barbecue sauce recipe. I left out the allspice, because I still haven't bought any. I realize I can make my own, and probably will, but I didn't feel like it today.



Barbecue Country-Style Ribs
from About.com Southern Food

2 to 3 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
pepper
dash garlic powder
1 tablespoon Cajun or Creole Seasoning Blend ( I used a sweet & smoky rub)

For the barbecue sauce:
1 cup ketchup
4 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
dash salt
dash black pepper

1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Line a roasting pan with foil. Wash the ribs and pat dry.
3. Sprinkle pepper and garlic powder  on the ribs. Rubs the ribs with the Cajun seasoning.
4. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 1 and a half hours.
5. Mix the ingredient for the barbecue sauce together. Spoon over ribs coating evenly.
6. Bake, uncovered, for an additional 15-20 minutes.


No comments: