Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Chocolate Chip Banana Blondie Cake

School has begun again. I am once again caught up in the turmoil of a new school year with mounds of never-ending planning and paperwork.

Cheer season has also started and we are in the midst of competition choreography. It adds hour to my day, but at least it's fun. My teams are so talented and such hard workers, I can't wait to see how our season unfolds!

I wanted to come home and do nothing. I came home to Dan cleaning the entire apartment. He also offered to cook dinner. Not much more I could ask for after a long day. I then saw the bananas on the clean counter and remembered that I had wanted to remember to find a new recipe to use them up. A quick search on Food Gawker led me a simple recipe that I could whip up in minutes.



Banana Chocolate Chip Blondie Cake
ever so slightly adapted from Evil Shenanigans

1 and 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 to 1 cup mashed banana (I used 2 smallish-medium bananas)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I had mini chips, so I used those)
powdered sugar for topping

1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8-inch baking pan.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In another bowl, cream the sugar, butter and vanilla until smooth.
4. Mix in the eggs and banana.
5. Add to dry ingredients and mix together until combined.
6. Add in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
7. Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Let cool, top with powdered sugar and eat!

They are sooooooo gooooooooood!!!!



No comments: