Monday, September 10, 2012

Crockpot Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli

I am in super lazy mode right now, and have been all day. This post will be short and sweet, so I can get back to being lazy and watching more Law & Order.

I was underwhelmed with this recipe. Maybe it's because I'm in a ho-hum mood or it just wasn't all that special. I'm posting the original recipe, but when I made it, I left out the sour cream because Dan doesn't like sour cream. Maybe the sour cream would have made a profound difference. I also left out the cajun seasoning.

Crockpot Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli
from Tasty Kitchen 

3 chicken breasts
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1.5 cups chicken broth
garlic salt
cajun seasoning
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup sour cream
White rice (if you'd like to serve it on rice)

1. Place chicken, soups, chicken broth and seasonings into the crock pot. Cook on high for 4 hours.
2. Remove chicken and shred. Return to crock pot and add broccoli. Cook for another 30 minutes.
3. Prepare rice according to directions if serving over rice.
4. Spoon over rice and serve.

Sorry for the crappy picture....

No comments: