Friday, August 2, 2013

Baked Ham and Egg Cups

I wish I had Fridays off year round, I would be a much happier person I think. I feel more productive at work knowing I only have 4 days to get everything done, and then I have Fridays to do things around the house, which leaves my weekends open for the fun things, like hanging out with Dan and friends, barbecuing and bonfires. I vote for a four-day work week from now on!

Actually, I only have 1 four-day work week left, then 2 weeks off before school is back in session full swing. Wahhhh......

I always get really excited when I see recipes and realize that I already have everything in my kitchen to make them. This morning I was trying to decide on what to make for breakfast. Eggs and toast? No bread in the house. Waffles? Didn't want anything sweet. I quickly made a couple turkey sausages and sat down to my dear friend Pinterest, trying to decide what to make for the Block Party tomorrow. I saw this recipe and realized that I could have a decent breakfast.

Baked Ham and Egg Cups
from The Simple Delights

** I only made 2 because it was for myself, you can make as many as you'd like. The following recipe is for one baked egg.

1 slice deli ham (I used Sara Lee honey ham)
2 large egg
sprinkle of any shredded cheese (I used Sargento Italian blend)
sprinkle of garlic powder (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 400. Spray a muffin tin cup with cooking spray.
2. Place ham slice in the muffin cup forming it to the cup.
3. Crack the egg into the ham slice.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes (mine took about 18 minutes) until the whites are cooked through.
5. remove from oven and sprinkle with garlic powder and cheese.




No comments: