Tuesday, April 14, 2015

French Onion Chicken Noodle Casserole

The other night I posted my recipe for Sticky Chicken Wings that I made for monthly family dinner. I also made this casserole, which was a big hit. It was so easy to throw together. I cooked my chicken the night before so it was set to go the next day, and egg noodles cook in absolutely no time. If you need it even quicker, grab a rotisserie chicken and use the meat from that.  I adapted the recipe a little bit, but only by using a whole bag of noodles (16 oz.) and using 2 packets of Lipton's Beefy Onion dip mix. It was nice to finally have the energy to cook, especially two different things. My energy goes back and forth from one day to the next, so I try and take advantage of it when I have it.

This is the ideal pot luck meal. It's quick, easy, tasty, and the crowd loved it. You can make it as a main course at home as well with some salad and bread. I love a quick weeknight meal, and with the beginnings of our new family, I have a feeling quick and easy will be it from here on out!

French Onion Chicken Noodle Casserole
slightly adapted from Plain Chicken

4 cups chopped cooked chicken
2 can cream of chicken soup
2 packets of onion dip mix
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
12 oz. egg noodles, cooked and drained*
1 cup crushed French fried onions

* I used a whole bag and there was enough "sauce" for that amount. So you can use a whole bag and not change the other ingredients!

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl combine the chicken, soup, onion dip and cheddar cheese. Add the noodles and combine.
3. Transfer to a lightly greased 9x13-inch pan. Top with crushed onions and bake for 25-30 minutes.




No comments: