Thursday, April 23, 2015

White Chicken Lasagna Rollups

Another annual Ladies Atlantic City trip is in the books. This year is the first year we have gone in April instead of March, and it's school vacation week so I get to have some "recovery" days after this year. Except...who needs recovery days when you can't drink? It was nice to be able to sleep in the next day after the long bus ride home, be able to get some errands done. Dan made dinner the night of my return and made dinner last night as well. Today, after bringing Tess to get groomed (finally!) and recovering from a migraine, I was able to make a good meal. It's been a while since I've cooked an actual dinner for us, but I'm hoping with the triumphant return of my energy, I can get back in the kitchen.

This recipe is pretty simple. I was hoping to make it simpler by using a rotisserie chicken, but apparently they aren't ready at 9:00 am. Still, I was able to have this ready in under an hour with the cooking of the noodles and chicken and everything. If you could use a rotisserie chicken you could have this ready in about 30 minutes. Since I definitely have some pregnancy brain going on, I left my grocery list at home and forgot a few items. Dan picked up the forgotten cream cheese and I improvised a couple of things. Below is my adapted recipe.

White Chicken Lasagna Rollups
adapted from La Crème de La Crumb

8-10 lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 slices of provolone torn to pieces (or 1/4 cup shredded)
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
2 cups Alfredo sauce

1. Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 9x13 baking dish. Spread about 1 cup of Alfredo sauce on the bottom of the pan.
2. After cooking the lasagna noodles lay them out on a baking sheet or some paper towels so they can dry a bit.
3. While they cook, mix together the chicken cream cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, provolone, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
4. Spread about a 1/4 cup of the mixture onto each lasagna noodle and roll up. Place into the baking dish. Top with remaining Alfredo sauce and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and all is heated through.






No comments: