Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Oreo Nutella S'More Brownies

I have been telling myself that I will bake every day for about two weeks. Monday night I finally did, but only because I already had all of the ingredients at home. I knew I was starting to get a cold over the weekend, but just how bad this cold was going to get was unbeknownst to me. I can't breathe, I can't lay down flat, and I can barely taste anything, including these brownies.

I also have a secret. I've never had Nutella before...

Well, that's not entirely true. If you've ever had a Ferrero Rocher truffle, you've had Nutella, and I have eaten many of those. I've just never bought or had Nutella from the jar. I bought some last week at the store so I could try some. I didn't notice the flavor in the brownies, but then again, I'm not tasting much currently...

I also had to steal part of one of Dan's Christmas presents for this...

 
Yes, my mom got him a 10-pack box of Oreos for Christmas...

Oreo Nutella S'More Brownies
from Dessert Daze

3 oz. semisweet or unsweetened chocolate
1 stick unsalted butter
1/3 cup Nutella
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
16 Oreos
mini marshmallows or big marshmallows cut in half
chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 400 and grease a 8x8 baking dish.
2. In a medium sauce pan, melt the chocolate, butter and nutella and mix together.
3. Remove from heat and quickly mix in eggs, sugar and flour.
4. Pour 1/3 of the batter into the baking dish. Top with the Oreos and cover with remaining batter. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Sprinkle marshmallows on top and bake for 5 more minutes until marshmallows puff and become golden and toasted.
6. Sprinkle with chocolate chips while still warm and then let cool. Cut and serve.

*** Note: Marshmallow is hard to cut through once everything cools. Good luck. Mine got messy!

They are good though, but I found that my brownies broke apart in the middle where the Oreo was. When I cut them and tried to take them out of the pan, the top would come off leaving half the Oreo and the bottom in the pan.





No comments: