Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pot Pie Cupcakes

I'm back, new and improved and minus a gallbladder!

Let me tell you, as someone who prides herself in eating everything and loving most food, having to live on broth-based soups, toast, yogurt, pudding and popsicles for 4 days SUCKS! Actually, I enjoyed the popsicles, they were pretty much the only thing I wanted in the beginning. I am now 10 days post-op and have no restrictions on my diet and have been able to handle everything I've eaten so far. I just can't lift anything for 6 more weeks. It's nice to get back in the kitchen. I'm not done with soup and pudding just yet. My better half had his wisdom teeth out two days ago, so that diet is still running strong in this house.

In my two weeks off (1 for school vacation and 1 for surgery recovery), I had a lot of time to do some serious pinning. I also had a lot of time to do some serious napping, some serious loathing, and some serious appreciation for people who have wayyy more major surgeries than a laproscopic cholesytsectomy.

My pinning found me a whole bunch of ideas for recipes and ideas for my future home...and wedding....and children...and tattoos...and fashion. Whoever created Pinterest..I envy you. I stumbled across this recipe and it just seemed so easy and so delicious. Tonight is a perfect night for this. I had my post-op appointment after work today and it's snowing, so I just want to cuddle up on the couch. This takes all of 10, maybe 15 minutes to prepare (if your chicken is pre-cooked!) and another 15 to bake.These are ridiculously delicious!

Pot Pie Cupcakes
from Tablespoon

yields 17, give or take

1 chicken breast (I used 2 small), cooked and diced
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
1 tbsp. herbs de Provence
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
2 cans of Pillsbury biscuits

1. Preheat oven to 400 and grease two muffin tins.
2. In a large bowl mix together all ingredients except for the biscuits.
3. Stretch out each biscuit a tiny bit and press into the muffin cups.
4. Fill each with the chicken mixture.
5.  Bake for 15 minutes until golden and biscuits are cooked. (I put mine back in for 3 minutes and they came out perfectly!)

Yes, this is real life.

I may have added cheese to my mashed potatoes...and don't mind the messy counter!

Amazing!







No comments: