Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Slammin' Salmon

Pinterest is ruining my life. Unless I can make every thing I've pinned actually exist in my life, in that case, Pinterest would make my life amazing. I've pinned quite a few recipes and I almost looked this one over.

Here's the thing, I have a love/hate relationship with fish. I love raw fish. Cooked...ehhh. I need to have a serious craving for cooked fish, or else I hate it. The picture for this recipe looked pretty good, but every time I eat cooked salmon I'm so unimpressed. My mum used to buy these frozen salmon fillets that were blackened salmon or something or other with a great spice on them. I figured with this marinade, that they would be super flavorful. They weren't bad, and my parents really liked it (yes, I cooked for mum and dad tonight), but they enjoy fish more than I do. I wish I had reduced some of the marinade to make a glaze...or just cut the fillets sashimi style and not even cooked them. That last part isn't true, I don't think I could attempt to make my own sushi, too afraid the fish wouldn't be sushi-grade and I'd get food poisoning and die. Everyone has fears..mine include that scenario, spiders, unstable heights, and things with abnormally long limbs (like people on stilts).

I may have just revealed more information about myself than you'd care to know. Sorry. I'll carry on with the recipe, which is why we're here in the first place. I will keep the original name of the recipe since I didn't create it, I just stole it. I'm not sure I'd consider it "slammin".

Slammin' Salmon
from All Recipes

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp pepper
1.5 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp brown sugar
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 cup peanut oil
4-8 boneless, skinless salmon fillets (depending upon size)

1. Combine all ingredients. Pour into a Ziploc bag with the fillets or pour over fillets in a shallow dish. Refrigerate for 2-24 hours.
2. When cooking the salmon, cook on a grill for 4 minutes per side until salmon is cooked through and flaked easily. I cooked mine on a counter top griddle/grill. Some fillets were thicker than others and needed a couple of extra minutes.

Lonely salmon, awaiting sides....



No comments: