Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Honey Mustard Chicken

Sleepy Lana!

Puppies are a handful.

If it wasn't for Dan, I may have pulled all of my hair out already. Dan has been good enough to take Lana outside with him while doing yard work and tire her out so I can still cook dinner and spend some time with our older pup Tess.

Glamour Shot

I am not looking forward to tomorrow and Thursday night. Dan has to work. That leaves me to cook and wrangle up the pups on my own. Wish me luck.

Tonight's dinner was a Pinterest find, and I adapted it a little to my own taste. Dan loves bacon-wrapped chicken, or bacon-wrapped anything, but I tend to always be a little squeamish about the bacon being so soft. I always feel like it's not cooked enough, even though I know it is. Check out the original recipe, or follow min if you'd like. I'm sure they are both delicious (and they're not THAT different anyways). This chicken was still nice and moist and had a great flavor, a very nice fresher honey mustard taste. You could use a bottled honey mustard, but the fresh honey gives it a really nice sweetness, where the bacon gives it saltiness and the Mozzarella mellows everything together. I will definitely make this again, it's absurdly easy and packed with flavor. I may even try piercing the chicken and marinating it in the honey mustard mix.

Honey Mustard Chicken
from All Recipes

4 large chicken breasts (I used 5 since a couple were on the smaller end)
1/2 cup prepared mustard
3/4 cup honey
Lemon pepper seasoning (I didn't have this, I used Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute)
4 slices bacon, cut in half (I used 5)
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375 and spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the mustard and honey until combined.
3. Place the chicken in the baking dish and pour the honey mustard mixture over chicken, being sure to cover each chicken breast.
4. Bake for 25 minutes.
5. Place 2 slices of bacon on each chicken breast, covering the breast. Sprinkle them with the cheese.
6. Return to oven for 10-15 more minutes, until bacon is cooked, cheese is melted and juices run clear.



No comments: