Sunday, January 12, 2014

Peanut Butter, Beef and Cheese Dog Treats

What do you do when you want to make something, but nothing seems appealing? You make something for your dogs. At least, that's what I did. I went through cupcake recipes and baking recipes, and just couldn't settle on anything. I found a recipe I had pinned a while ago for a dog biscuit. I didn't want to use that recipe so I searched for some others. I really tried to avoid ones with peanut butter in them because Tess is not a fan of peanut butter. All of the other flavored ones were more time intensive and would've had me searching for some rarer ingredients. I finally found one that had some peanut butter, but some beef flavor and cheese as well. Tess is at my parents' right now, so she won't try one until tomorrow, but Lana loves them. She even loved making them.



How can you not love cooking with this little one? I know how...when she tries to steal everything off of the counters. See how in the background there's a lot of clutter at the back of the counters? That's because it's out of her reach...

This recipe was nice and simple. The only items I needed were natural peanut butter and beef bouillon cubes. If you want to make this, go for the ground bouillon, I ended up crushing my cube so it would dissolve faster into the milk. In the end, they were quick to make and very basic. They make quite a bit, I stopped making them after 20 cookies, but the recipe could make about double that.

Peanut Butter, Beef and Cheese Dog Treats
from Homemade Laughs

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 cup fat free milk
1 beef bouillon cube
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 handful shredded cheddar cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease a cookie sheet.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
3. In another mixing bowl, dissolve the bouillon into the milk. Add the peanut butter and cheese and mix until fully combined. It will be chunky at first, but it will all come together.
4. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll out some dough to about 1/4 inch thick. Using any shape cutter you'd like, cut out shapes and place on greased baking sheet.
6. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.


No comments: