Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Crock Pot Chicken Caesar Wraps

Is it summer vacation yet???

As the end of the school year approaches, my to-do list increases. Between reports for school, progress report grades that are due tomorrow, two more team meetings, summer school work planning, and then the every day school tasks I have to do, there just seems to be no end. Next week we have a half day.Well, the kids do. I have a professional day where I get to work on yet another district initiative that we're required to do.

I can see myself about to go off on a tangent, so let me reel myself back in. Due to the busyness or work and everyday life, I have sort of lost my energy for cooking. I had a really good streak going, and now every recipe I look at has too many steps, or takes too long, or requires too many ingredients. I have been looking for easy recipes that are still fun and new. Recipes that keep my love of cooking in check.

Today's recipe isn't so much "fun", but it was easy and it was cheap. Chicken just happened to be on sale yesterday and so was the salad dressing. All the other ingredients I had on hand, but they are still inexpensive items (lettuce, black pepper, chicken broth and wraps). This recipe was enough to make two wraps for Dan and I, which is great. Sometimes we end up with a lot of leftovers from crock pot meals, or if I try to adjust it, we end up with too little. I adapted this slightly to only have 3 chicken breasts, since that's how they're sold. I've never understood the whole 3 in a package, but then again, I suppose they want you to buy more.

Crock Pot Chicken Caesar Wraps
from Canadian Free Stuff

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can chicken broth
1 cup Caesar salad dressing
fresh ground black pepper
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
romaine lettuce
wraps

1. Place chicken breasts and broth in a crock pot and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
2. Remove chicken and shred. Drain the leftover broth. Return chicken to crock pot and cover with dressing, pepper and cheese. Cook on high for30 minutes or low for 1 hour.
3. Serve on a wrap with some romaine lettuce.


Left to cook a little too long, but still good!


No comments: