Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Italian Kielbasa Bake

My dinner tonight cost me under $4! How's that for a budget meal?

After a weekend full of BBQs, I had figured we would have plenty of leftovers for home. We did end up with some pasta salad, but that was it. I did however score a free kielbasa from my mum. With a free kielbasa I set to work figuring out what to make with it.

I've eaten kielbasa grilled in a bun, sautéed in a pan, mixed in with some pierogis, and mixed in with pasta. I wanted to try something different this time that was quick and cheap. I need to stay on a budget and I didn't want to spend too much time cooking since I have a cold, and it is kicking my butt today. I escaped the whole winter without a serious cold, and of course I get one when  have a long weekend and my birthday is coming up in 2 days (yikes!). This kielbasa was your standard Polska Kielbasa, and I tend to buy turkey kielbasa. Something about the randomness of what could be in the regular kielbasa always freaks me out, even though I know it tastes good and I like it. I overcame my skepticism tonight and ate every bite of my plate!

I browsed around at some recipes and then formulated my own from a few I saw, so there isn't really a source for this.

Italian Kielbasa Bake

1 kielbasa, sliced
4 or 5 red potatoes, cut into cubes
a handful of baby carrots chopped in half
1/2 cup Italian dressing
1/4 to 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1. Preheat oven to 400 and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
2. Combine the kielbasa, potatoes, carrots and dressing and mix until everything is coated. Toss with Parmesan cheese and place in the baking dish.
3. Cover and bake for one hour or until potatoes are cooked through.



No comments: