Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Fried Rice Frittata

Yesterday I discussed using quick and easy recipes lately. Sometimes I see a quick and easy recipe and bookmark it for a day I need a fast meal. This is a meal that way bookmarked, but then I decided to make it at 8:30 last night.

When I came across this recipe I thought it was such a creative idea! I never really have uses for frittatas or quiches. I rarely have a need to make breakfast/brunch, and Dan certainly won't eat them. I love mini crust-less quiches and will make them every now and then as a quick grab n' go breakfast. I figured this would be a good breakfast and lunch option for a couple of days. You can choose the quick and easy way, which is to have some frozen fried rice on hand (like Trader Joe's), frozen mixed veggies, cream of anything soup, and eggs. You can always make your own fried rice, but that's the hard way. Since Trader Joe's fried rice has veggies in it, you can always skip adding the mixed veggies, but the more veggies the better in my book! I didn't add any meats to this, but feel free. I had some chopped pancetta in the fridge (that I remember AFTER) I out this in the oven...

Fried Rice Frittata
from Averie Cooks

1/2 of a 16 oz bag Trader Joe's Vegetable Fried Rice
1/2 cup frozen mixed veggies
1 can cream of anything soup (I used cream of chicken and mushroom)
5 large eggs, lightly beaten
black pepper
seasoning of your choice (I used chipotle)

1. Preheat oven to 375 and grease (well!) a large oven-safe skillet.
2. Pour the rice into the pan to cover the bottom. Pour veggies on top. Spread the soup mix over the rice and veggies. Pour the eggs on top of that and sprinkle with pepper and seasoning.
3. Bake for 45-50 minutes until done. Slice and serve immediately.

*To store, cut into wedges and wrap individually in plastic wrap or seal in an air-tight container.





No comments: