Monday, September 15, 2014

Beefy Pepperoni Bake

Cheerleading from 6-8 kinda kills my dinner schedule. Making dinner at 4 so I can eat a little bit before practice takes up my time before practice, and then I'm hungry when I get home, which makes me eat more than I normally would for a normal dinner meal. Tomorrow I don't have cheer, but I have Back to School Night....I'd much rather have cheer.

Yesterday, after my busy day, I knew I needed to make something for dinner, because I didn't want to rely on freezer food, and I also needed leftovers for lunch. Thankfully, I had something quick to make so I could have some time to sit and relax before more work, cheer, and wedding planning.

Right now, I'm using my "free" time to write this post before I plan out tonight's cheer practice.

So, I definitely walked away from this post 6 hours ago. It is now 10:30 at night. So much for using my "free" time for this post. Now I'm using my getting ready for bed time for this. That's OK, I used my time after practice to bake! That recipe will come tomorrow...

Beefy Pepperoni Bake
adapted from All Recipes

16 oz. rotini pasta
1 lb. ground beef
4 oz. pepperoni, chopped
1 (24 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 casserole dish.
2. Cook pasta according to box directions for al dente.
3. In the meantime, brown the ground beef in a large deep skillet. Drain.
4. Add the chopped pepperoni, pasta and sauce and stir to combine. Pour into the casserole dish and top with shredded cheese. Bake 30 minutes.



No comments: