Sunday, September 28, 2014

Crab Rangoon Bites

Two weeks ago my little cousin turned 18. So...maybe not so little anymore, but I guess I'll have to deal with that. She had a family barbecue to celebrate yesterday, so I decided to make some appetizers to bring. After taking our cheerleading team pictures and running some errands, I needed something quick enough to make. I decided on these, because they were quick and easy, and I knew most of the family would eat them. I have to apologize before hand for forgetting to take more pictures. I got one at the start, but never took any of them after they had baked.

I thought these came out pretty good. They aren't as good as the filling of an actual crab Rangoon, but that's okay. I think the imitation crab stands out quite a bit, but it's far cheaper than real crab, and I put more in than called for, because in an actual Rangoon there's never enough crab. Check out the link to the original recipe if you're unsure of how to fold these. I forgot to take pictures of the process. Sorry again!

Crab Rangoon Bites
from Krista's Kitchen

2 cans seamless crescent roll dough
6 oz. cream cheese, softened (I used whipped)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
4 green onions, chopped
1.5 cups crabmeat, chopped
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper

1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Roll dough out into a neat rectangle. Cut it into 24 squares.
3. Combine all ingredients. Place a spoonful of mix onto each square. Pull two opposite corners in to meet in the middle and seal.
4. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes, until dough is cooked and browned.

No comments: