Sunday, April 24, 2016

SoCo Cherry Bombs

This recipe should have posted a month ago...or any time earlier this week since I've been home on vacation all week, but I haven't spent much time on the computer. I've spent most of time with the baby, enjoying all of our precious moments together. I've also spent half my vacation week (and the end of last week) being sick and recovering from being sick. I had some awful viral infection that had me feverish and with an extreme sore throat for 4 days, and then cold symptoms, and now just a lingering ticklish cough with an on/off stuffy nose. Great way to spend a vacation....

Anyways, if you're looking for something fun for a party or gathering, and by fun I mean tasty and has booze in it, these are the way to go. I've made cherries soaked in many things before (flavored vodkas are great) as well as Southern Comfort. My favorite is Southern Comfort. These are soaked overnight in SoCo and then dipped in melted white chocolate and sprinkles, because why not? It adds a fun and tasty touch.

As for soaking the cherries, you can soak them as ling as you like. I did these for about 24 hours, but in the past I've soaked them for a week. Overnight gave a good kick of the SoCo, so if they were soaked for a week they would be extremely strong. It's up to you for the length of time they soak.

I forgot to take a picture of the finished, other than the one of my friend eating it. I dipped them in different colored sprinkles to make them fun. The original recipe used blue sprinkles as a fun 4th of July treat. I will definitely remember that for when the time comes! I used two small jars of cherries, but you can adjust the recipe to however many cherries you want. I used about a cup of chocolate chips as well, so you can always adjust that for more or less cherries. Also, I drained 3/4 of the cherry juice, not all of it. You can adjust that as well for how much of the booze you really want to soak in.

SoCo Cherry Bombs
Adapted from Frosting and a Smile

1 (or however many) jar of maraschino cherries, with the stems
1 bottle of Southern Comfort (or other alcohol of choice)
1 cup white chocolate chips
Sprinkles

1. Pour out the cherry juice from the jar and replace with alcohol. Replace the lid on the jar and let soak in the refrigerator for however long you'd like (at least 24 hours).
2. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals. Place the sprinkles in a shallow dish.
3. Dry off the cherries as you take them out of the jar and dip in the melted chocolate. Immediately dip into the sprinkles.
4. Place on a tray lined with waxed paper to set the chocolate.

That's pretty much it!



No comments: