Monday, April 4, 2016

Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip

I am a few weeks late in posting all of my yummy recipes from Hubby's birthday party. I have six to post in all, so I have lots of work ahead of me. Instead of our usual go out for dinner and drinks with friends, Hubby decided all he wanted was steak tips and drinks, so he suggested a little house party. Granted it was pretty cold that day, around 40 degrees, but we had a fire going all day and night in the yard and people gathered inside when it got too cold.

What makes me most excited about this post? Not only was this recipe really, really good (seriously, I got so many compliments), and not only is it super, super easy, but I finally used my triple crock pot we won in a Yankee swap 2 years ago. It's awesome, and I will certainly be using it again now that I've finally broken it in.

I love a good spinach artichoke dip, the cheesy, savory kind. I've made one before, but it ended up more cream-cheesy (that's a word), than I'd prefer. I also make a spinach artichoke chicken, which I also think could be a little more savory. Well, now I can use this recipe for a dip or for my chicken and have exactly what I want. It's creamy, cheesy, and the perfect ratio of spinach to artichoke, to cheesy goodness. I served it with pita chips, pretzels and tortilla chips to dip into it. It went FAST!

Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
From Gimme Some Oven


1 (10 oz) bag fresh baby spinach, chopped

1 can quartered artichoke hearts, chopped
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, cut into chunks
1 cup light sour cream
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/3 cup diced onion
4 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt

1. Lightly spray your crock pot with cooking spray.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until combined. Transfer to crock pot.
3. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 2 hours.
4. Give the dip a stir and add any more salt and pepper needed according to taste.

Devour!

No comments: