Sunday, April 24, 2016

Honey Glazed Bacon Wrapped Pork

We love pork tenderloin in this house. We were eating it once a week for a couple of months not long ago. I know, I know. Not the healthiest choice, but it's affordable and delicious!

This recipe is definitely not healthy. It's pork on pork goodness. I don't usually wrap our pork in bacon. I usually cook ours using my Maple-Dijon Pork recipe. I used a similar method with this recipe, but a different flavor and it's wrapped in bacon. The key is searing your pork first before putting it into the over. Searing it gives it a nice crisp edge and really holds in those juices. It comes out perfect every time, never dry!

When I made this, the tenderloin I picked up was on sale, it was 2 one and a half-pound tenderloins in the package. So I used both of them. One package of bacon was enough for both tenderloins, so it worked out perfectly. Cooking times vary according to the size of your tenderloin, so I recommend going by the package directions rather than always following the recipe directions. Even though there are a few steps in this recipe, it's simple and impressive. When you tell your husband you're making bacon wrapped pork for dinner you're pretty much a superstar.

Honey Glazed Bacon Wrapped Pork
From Recipe Tin Eats

1 lb. pork tenderloin
1 package of bacon, thin or regular cut, long enough to wrap around pork.
salt and pepper
olive oil
2 tbsp. honey

1. Preheat oven to 390. Lay bacon pieces (enough to cover length of pork) next to each other on a clean surface, slightly overlapping.
2. Season pork with salt and pepper. Brown each side of the pork in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat in the oil.
3. Place pork on top of bacon and roll the bacon over the pork to cover it. Place it seam side down back into the pan.
4. Brush the pork with honey and place into the oven to cook. Mine took about 50 minutes for my two pieces. Feel free to baste it a few times with the juices while it cooks.
5. Remove from oven and let rest a few minutes before slicing.





No comments: