Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Mini Pizza Pot Pies

The tea party today went well, with lots of leftover goodies, which is good and bad. As excited as I am that I have a chocolate raspberry tarte in my fridge, I'm way more excited for my pizza pot pies. It's quite a big event for a couple of reasons. I am using my leftover ricotta and using my new ramekins....it's definitely a two birds situation. On to the photos!


















































The tops didn't turn out pretty as I hoped, but they were delicious!

Mini Pizza Pot Pies
From Tastespotting.com

Ingredients

Pizza dough
1 1/2 cup marinara
2 chicken breasts
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 gloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup chopped black olives
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella
1/2 small onion, chopped

1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Chop chicken and saute until just cooked through.
3. Add the chicken and the rest of the ingredient in a large bowl. Mix well.
4. Portion mixture into 4 ramekins and top with a little more cheese.
5. Cut dough into 4 pieces and stretch over the tops of each dish. Cute vents for steam.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and inside is bubbly.


I was going to make grilled nectarines for dessert, but I'm too full at the moment. Maybe I'll make them later after I grade 6 essays.

"There's a pizza place near where I live that sells only slices. In the back you can see a guy tossing a triangle in the air."
- Stephen Wright

4 comments:

Denise said...

I was the lucky one that got to eat the extra one of these. Yes, it was yummy! The insides taste much better than what it looks like. Really liking those ramekins..I will have to borrow them. I can thnk of lots of ideas for those.

Jennifer said...

Ummmm.... I'm making my FIRST meatloaf right now... the recipe called for a cup of parsley... smells great but it is GREEN!! What the heck?? LOL Miss you!

Sarah Beth said...

I've never made meatloaf, and am not a huge fan to begin with. I bet it'll come out delicious though!

Jennifer said...

It actually came out great! I'm going to try your pizza pot pies next week... keep it up!