Sunday, September 26, 2010

Oh Hey.

So, the title says it all. This is a blog for no one, or anyone...maybe someone. I intend for it to be a collection of my culinary adventures with some random events peppered in. What kind of events, you ask? Events like my artistic attempts in painting, my party planning endeavors, random moments with my dog (most important), and whatever I deem awesome enough to grace my blog. If I had planned ahead, I would have photo documented the amazing Chili Cornbread concoction I made for the Patriots game today, but I didn't. Tomorrow I will be making Butternut Squash Lasagna, which is exciting for two reasons. One: butternut squash. Two: I get to bust out the food processor. If you are not as excited as I am about this, then you should probably stop reading this now and not return to my blog ever again.

Today, my football food sampling included the following gems made by various locals who like to watch the game at the Legion.

My Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake (awesome)
Deli meats rolled up and filled with some cream cheese concoction
Deviled Eggs
Jaime's Buffalo Dip
Billy's Ribs marinated in ketchup and Coke
Buffalo Wings
Pasta salad with a sugar-vinegar dressing
and last but not least, little bowls filled with peanuts and candy corn (I ate some, so it counts)

That's all for now. My next post will either be the much-anticipated Butternut Squash Lasagna post or the "For Erin's 30th birthday we're throwing a tea party and I'm making the invitations" post (the title needs editing).

I've always been a fan of quotes, so I will most likely end every post with a quote or lyric.

"Life is rarely about what happened; it's mostly about what we think happened".
- Chuck Klosterman

3 comments:

Mickey said...

I love this Sarah!

Aunt Marea said...

Sarah, If you havent seen the movie Julie& julia, please do so, this is just like Julie!! I think this is sooo great, she had blogged for 365 days and made 524 recipes from Julia childs cookbook. The recipes you posted so far sound YUMMY I will have to try them. Jimmy Jackie and I love to cook and understand your excitement about Kitchen tools I cant wait to tune in. I'll share some fabulous recipes I've had tucked away in my recipe box, really good ones. Keep up the good work and hope you have some great followers on your blogging!! xoxoxo

Sarah Beth said...

Any recipes are welcome. If you give me a recipe I'll make it and document it all on here, and give anyone the credit for the awesome recipe. I'll have to watch that movie sometime...