Monday, September 27, 2010

Two Posts in One Day...

I'm trying not to get over-excited about this new-fangled blog. Which, by the way, needs some serious sprucing up (puffy paint? bedazzler?), and I am not as tech-savy as I wish I was (added to the to-do list). So, if anyone knows how to customize blogs past the basic layouts that the program gives me, please, help! I've already been asked a few times to post the recipe for the Chili Cornbread Bake, so I suppose I won't wait til I make it again, and will post the recipe now. But, that means no awesome pictures to go with it. You win some, you lose some...

This recipe is adapted from the Pampered Chef recipe it came from. If you are fortunate enough to own every item made by pampered chef, including their spices and rubs, then I am jealous. Majorly jealous. I do not own everything that is Pampered Chef, just some key tools, so instead of using their crazy Deep Cover Baker that goes in the microwave, I did this the old fashioned stove top and oven way.

Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake

Ingredients:
1 medium green bell pepper
6 green onions with tops, divided
1 lb 90% lean ground beef
1 can (16oz) chili beans in sauce, undrained
1 cup chunky salsa
2 tbsp Chipotle Rub (i do not own this PC gem, so I found a Sweet & Smoky rub in the spice aisle)
1 pkg (8.5 oz) corn muffin mix
1 container (8 oz) sour cream
1 egg
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 plum tomato, seeded and diced (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 400. Coarsely chop the pepper. Thinly slice the onions, separating white and light green bottoms from tops. Reserve 1 tbsp of the onion tops for garnish. Set aside pepper and onions.
2. Brown the beef in a skillet and drain the liquid. Add the peppers and onions and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add beans, salsa, and chipotle rub, stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare muffin mix as directed on box (it's ok if you don't use milk, I did), but add the sour cream and mix together.
4. Pour chili into a 9x13 glass baking dish. Cover with a layer of shredded cheddar cheese. Top with cornbread mix and be sure to spread it out evenly over the chili and cheese. Bake for 20-25 or until cornbread is golden brown and springs back when lightly pressed.
5. Let stand 5 minutes then top with diced tomatoes and green onions.


Now I am off to type up a Dance Team contract, another side project of mine. I coach the high school dance team at the school I work at, I host a trivia night every Thursday night at the Franco, and I take my own dance classes. And I play with my dog.

Tess the Mess. World's Awesomest Dog.


I don't have a good football or chili quote to end with, so I shall close with a plea of my own...

"Cut your God-damned hair Tom Bieber...I mean Brady!"

1 comment:

Aunt Marea said...

Tess is very pretty laying there so calm, not often i see her so relaxed, hahahaha

love the pictures you're posting with your recipes~ good idea