Friday, July 1, 2011

Cali Chronicles: Take 7

We left off with me heading out on a great adventure yesterday. Well, yesterday's adventure failed and I remained sad, yet hopeful. What was this perilous journey/adventure, you ask? I set off to find The Grilled Cheese Truck. It was supposedly half a mile away from me...but nay. It was not. I walked back to the apartment, head hung low, but with Pho to go in my hand. All was not lost....and I had some great pho. If you don't know what pho is, it's a Vietnamese noodle soup, that you add veggies and meats to. There is a new place, appropriately called "Pho" that opened at the end of Bryan's block. They give you a bucket of broth (mini bucket), and put your veggies on the side so you can add what you like. I got a veggie wonton pho, so my wontons were on the side as well, with a little packet of sriracha, which is essential for good pho.

read more about pho here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ph%E1%BB%9F

Bryan and I met up with some friends for dinner at Truxton's, which is this bistro near the IMAX theater.

Bryan and I got some taquitos and monkey bread to start, and then I got the Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Penne. It was good, but not spicy, at all. We then headed to the IMAX theater to see Transformers in 3D. I have not seen the first two Transformers, nor do I ever really care to. The last memory I have of Transformers is watching the cartoon when I was maybe 6. The movie was great, but I think it was because it was in 3D....and Josh Duhamel was in it.

Bryan went to work this morning for a couple of hours and then, being the great brother that he is, he came back early so we could hunt down the Truck. Today, the Truck was on Sunset at the Children's Hospital. We found it and jumped in line.
It's like Christmas when you see it...

Getting closer...

And closer....

Yesss grilled cheese
LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, I completed my goal of finding the Grilled Cheese Truck and eating their food.Bryan and I got the same thing. I may never see the Truck again, so I went with the yummiest and unhealthiest sandwich they had - the Cheesy Mac & Rib. It's macaroni and cheese with BBQ pulled pork and caramelized onions with cheddar on french bread. It's flipping amazing. Worth the 45 minute wait in the temperature climbing heat. There was also a truck parked next to it that I felt really bad for. No one got their food. Don't park next to the Grilled Cheese Truck.
Lesson learned Country Chuck Wagon.
Notice the bite I took because I couldn't wait.

Oh, I almost forgot...we parked in front of Tom Cruise's house.
L.A. Church of Scientology
 After eating, Bryan and I did what most people do after eating grilled cheese...we went to the driving range. I have never golfed before, unless you count mini golf (which I do). I wasn't all that bad. I maybe drove the ball 75 feet, but I can hit it straight. It was also 95 degrees in Studio City, but they had water sprayers on at the range. We were going to play a par 3 course (Bryan thought I could handle it), but there were a lot of people in front of us, so we went home and laid by the pool instead. Now I'm getting ready for dinner and a going away party for a friend of Bryan's.

No comments: