Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cali Chronicles: Take 6

Bryan and needed another quick dinner, because he had to ump a kickball game before his own game. It was decided that last night was the night for In N Out. Now, I don't remember the last time I ate fast food...it was easily over a year ago and most likely when the girls still lived in Lowell near Wendy's. I've tried to eat In N Out before, but the first time I came out here, it was during that big meat scare with the abused cows and whatnot, and In N Out was targeted as one of the places that got their meat from the abusers. I successfully ate it last time I came out, but it was after a night of drinking and beer pong, and I walked home with food and heels in hand. Yes, I have walked the streets of L.A. barefoot. The food was delicious, but eating when you're tipsy makes everything delicious. Under the pretense of knowing that fast food is totally bad for you, I pretty much went all out. The drive-thru line was easily 20 cars deep...and you don't have to wait to order at that stupid little box thing. They actually have a person that goes from car to car taking your order, so you just pay at one window and then get your food at the next.

We took our food to go.

Animal Style burger

Animal fries
In N Out has a very basic menu of burgers and fries. That it. No fish sandwiches and no chicken sandwiches. No onion rings etc. BUT, they do have a secret menu which consists of ways you can order your meal. I ordered mine "animal style", which gives you extra sauce (similar to thousand island) and grilled onions. It gives you pickles and tomatoes, but I don't like them on my burger. Check out more of their secret menu here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-N-Out_Burger_products . It was delicious, but it was still fast food and I felt guilt-ridden the whole time.

After that, I watched a couple of kickball games, one of which was Bryan's. This was a playoff game in his other league. It was super tense, but they ended up winning. We went to The Happy Ending bar, which sponsors their league and had some drinks. We ended our night with all of us flopping onto the couch, snacking on goldfish, and watching Tosh.O .

My next adventure will get a post of it's own. Be waiting for it....

No comments: