Saturday, June 25, 2011

Cali Chronicles: Take 2

I think I over-estimate myself sometimes. I had this grand plan of blogging about the great places and food, and then I don't take many pictures...or remember what I ate. I apologize for my slacking and lack of more pictures. I'll try harder from now on.

I have to interject with a thought I had while driving to breakfast this morning. I saw a gym that advertised 24 hour gym time and 24 hour tanning. I sorta get the idea of working out at like 2 am (sorta...not really), but 24 hour tanning? Is that just in case you wake up at 3am and can't back to sleep because you just don't feel tan enough?

Where did we leave off? Last thing I did (that you know of) was had breakfast at The Griddle Cafe. After that, it was a lazy day, which I was fine with. I was still tired from the night before and wanted to relax and gear up for the night ahead. I think one more day should do it and I'll be full throttle on Cali time.

For dinner, Bryan, Alex (the roomie), and I went to dinner at Lala's, an Argentinian restaurant.


I do not have a picture of my meal, but it was fantastic. I had the Arroz del Campo, which was bell peppers, onion, garlic and mushrooms over rice with a creamy tomato sauce. I added some salmon to it. It's so hard to choose what to eat, because I know I can't just come back anytime I want and try other things. Being a foodie is a frustrating and overwhelming hobby. Much like golf, I assume.

After dinner, Bryan and Alex had their end-of-season kickball party at The Parlor, a swanky little sports bar. The theme was "Glow Party" so there were black lights everywhere and glow sticks and glow body paint and free drinks (vodka tonics not strong there....but after several it does the job). I got to meet more of their friends and teammates, and watched the kickball awards. I also get to witness my first kickball game in a couple of days.

Outside of the bar.

This area was turned into the black light area with a photobooth.\
A good time was had and so was a good sleep. We parted ways with Alex at the end of the night, and apparently he came knocking on the door at 3 am for a solid 10 minutes and I never heard him. He had to finagle his way into the complex and crawl through his window to get in. Sorry Alex! I'm not sure what I'm more amazed by, the fact that I didn't hear him knocking when I wake up to everything or that I was way more tired (drunk) than I thought that I slept so heavily. Oh vodka, you give Tylenol PM a run for it's money...

It was essential that we had a recovery breakfast today. I made the decision that diner food was needed, and we went to Mel's. Bryan and I had omelets that I didn't bother taking a picture of. They weren't particularly pretty or anything. The food was good, but not spectacular. Bryan's chocolate milkshake looked spectacular though.

It had a pretty cool sign.
At the moment, the three of us are vegging on the couch watching golf (yup.). We may hit the driving range later, as I making Bryan teach me how to golf. No idea what the agenda for tonight is, but tomorrow morning is beach volleyball, which is taken very seriously around here. I'm sure embarrassment will ensue.

No comments: