Sunday, June 26, 2011

Cali Chronicles: Take 3

Well, where are we at this point? We left off with us vegging out on the couch, watching the golf channel. Right now, we're vegging on the couch watching the golf channel.So what has happened in between???

Bryan and I decided that we'd hike Runyon Canyon yesterday afternoon. Let me start by saying that I do not have a pair of sneakers here, or clothes made for hiking. I have my cotton shorts, and I wore a navy blue sequin tank top...I fit right in. I was, however, the only person on the canyon in flip flops. We hiked to the top after a few stops (hey, my body doesn't do uphill well, so shut it!). The views are pretty great.



After that we relaxed for a bit (with a nap) and then headed out to meet Dana and Shandi for dinner. That brings us to Baby Blues BBQ.

I was super excited that we were going for BBQ, I was in need of some fried okra. I got a plate called "Gator Bait" which had fried catfish and bbq shrimp, with fried okra and mac & cheese...and cornbread of course. It was amazing. I didn't keep my promise to you all of remembering to take pictures of my food, I just kinda dug in.

After dinner we went to a house party in Highland Park...which isn't the nicest area. At one point we had a helicopter circling the area with the spotlights out. There was also a DJ with a sweet mustache and lots of hipsters around.

We all got up early today. Bryan and Alex golfed in Malibu this morning and I went to the beach with Kimberly to play volleyball.

It went well......


I have a few bruises, but I'm a kickass server. I also have badass burns in the area where my shins meet the tops of my feet. It's hot.

Now we're hanging out until dinner...and I'm craving nachos. Let's hope Bryan knows a place for good nachos...

No comments: