Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bubble Enchiladas

WARNING: This post of chock-full of pictures and happiness.

So, I know I have been slacking on the blog front. Last week I was sick and extremely busy, so I skipped over a few recipes I was going to make. Then, this past Sunday, I was all prepared to make a Gingerbread Tea Cake for gingerbread day but I got last minutes tickets to the Red Sox.


After the game, we went to the Bleacher Bar and ate some fried pickles and gravy fries....yep. Did I mention I have to squeeze myself into a leotard next weekend for my dance recital....gahhhhhh
Today was fabulous....you know why? Four boxes of Pampered Chef products came in the mail.

No joke.
I separated everyone's orders....which are now lying around my kitchen. I'm sure you're all interested in what I ordered. If you're not you can skip to the recipe toward the bottom (and kiss my ass). 

Before I go into my orders, let me start by saying that I know I am ridiculous about kitchen things, and I know that I could find many of these items at a cheaper price....but they're not as good quality. And I saved $360....so back off!

Egg slicer, kitchen shears, mango wedger, garlic slicer and garlic peeler.
Biscuit cutter, pastry roller, mix n' chop, saute tongs, and avocado peeler.
Double boiler and cake pans.
Torte pans
Food chopper, rotary grater, free coupon holder.
Deep covered baker.

Cool & Serve tray...it has compartments, a deviled egg holder and a lid.

And finally, my prized purchases...my forged cutlery. My steak knives and my 8" utility. Booya!


We can get back to the reason you all frequent this blog (you all ten....). Today is not Enchilada day, but it is turkey lover's month and this recipe has ground turkey...so it fits in with my June cooking. This is also a featured Weight Watchers recipe for any of you who follow WW.

Bubble Enchiladas
from here

1 lb. of ground turkey
1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
1 pkg. refrigerated reduced-fat biscuits
1.5 cups shredded Mexican cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
2. Brown turkey in a skillet and drain.
3. Add enchilada sauce.
4. Cut biscuits into fourths and add to pan. Mix everything together.
5. Pour into casserole dish and spread around.
6. Bake for 25 minutes. Top with cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes.

Next time, I would add a little more sauce and definitely some add-ins like peppers, onions, maybe beans, jalapenos or something.

1 comment:

redsoxfanaticgirl said...

To be honest, some of those items are mine, granted i bought them for you, they are still mine until i decide to give them to you! And i didnt know you bough a cool & serve tray! I did too! Yay! Pampered Chef!