Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cali Chronicles: Take 4

Nachos didn't happen. We decided to walk down to a Thai restaurant Sunday night instead. We went to Toi, this sort of hipster-ish, rock n roll style place.



The photos aren't great, but the inside was completely decorated with music and film memorabilia and original artwork. I think Bryan and I were the only ones in there without tattoos. I got Thai Spaghetti, which was ramen-like noodles, with chicken, eggs, and onions in a spicy sauce. Note: Sauce was not spicy, at all.

Yum yum

We were all pretty tired from golf and volleyball, so after dinner we went home. I think Alex went to bed and Bryan and I watched a movie.

Yesterday, Bryan had to work, so I headed to The Grove to go shopping. The Grove is a giant outdoor shopping center with restaurants and a Farmer's Market. There's also a trolley that drives through it. I took a cab there and back, and had equally uncomfortable experiences both ways. On the way there, the cabbie had all of the windows up and it was sweltering inside. I was literally dripping sweat by the time I got there. So gross. On the way home, the cabbie asked if I minded the radio on, to which I said of course not. He then clicked on the radio, which was playing 1930s Big Band Swing music at a decibel that was too loud for a small vehicle. My head was right next to a speaker, and those trumpets were ear shattering. I had to ask him to turn it down. He did, and then proceeded to read the newspaper (in Armenian, maybe?) at every stoplight.

Shopping was successful...maybe too successful....

After shopping, I went home and waited for Bryan to get home from work. We had a quick dinner at Chipotle again, before heading to his kickball game. I finally experienced my first kickball game. It was fun, but a very tense game. This game was the final of the season and determined their standings in the playoffs. They ended up tying. His team is also undefeated, but they apparently aren't in first place because they've given up more runs than another team.

After the game, we went to Busby's, which is the bar that sponsors the kickball league. They have beer pong and flip cup tables and all of the kickball teams go there after their games. We stayed for a little while, but his team had a late game (9:15), and he had to get up early for work today.

Currently, I am relaxing on the couch while Bryan is working in Santa Monica today. I'm heading down to the grocery store soon to find something to make for lunch, and then we are going to the House of Blues for dinner and a show tonight. One of Bryan's friends, Doug, works for Livenation, which owns House of Blues, so he's getting us a table in the Foundation Room for dinner and special seating for the show I guess.

No comments: