Monday, June 20, 2011

Lobster Mac & Cheese

The beginning of this post can only start one way:

 BRUINS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!

That felt good.

This month has been absurdly busy. With school ending and summer beginning, I have had 2 school days that did not contain meetings out of the last 8 school days. I've also attended one funeral and two wakes in the past week. I haven't cooked nearly as many of the dishes I had planned to.

I can't say the cooking will increase in the next couple weeks...but the blog updates will. On a much more positive note, I will be in California visiting my brother from Thursday til the 3rd. I've already compiled my list of places I want to eat and will be blogging about them while I'm there.

With all the dishes I didn't get to cook this month, I am most sad that I missed Lobster Day, which was last Wednesday. But never you fear readers.....I made up for it. I bought lobsters for Father's Day and used the extra meat to make lobster mac. Yesssssssss!

Lobster Mac & Cheese
from here

3 cups cavatappi (or any pasta you like)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk, room temperature
4 cups shredded cheese (I used 1 cup each of Gruyere, Emmentaler, Aged Cheddar and a Raspberry Cheddar)
1/4 cup white truffle oil (optional)
12 oz. lobster tail meat, fully cooked and chopped
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs

1. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and place back in pot.
2. Make a roux by melting the butter over medium-low heat. Once the butter melts and bubbles, add flour and whisk together. Add 1 cup of milk and mix until creamy.
3. Add the shredded cheeses one cup at a time, while adding a little more milk in between. Mix until fully melted and incorporated with the mixture. If adding truffle oil, add now.
4. Pour cheese mixture into the pasta and add lobster. Stir to combine and pour into a casserole dish.
5. Top with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and macaroni is bubbly.

MMMMMMMMMM

Yes, please!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

ahhhhh that looks so amazing I'm having mac n cheese (sans lobster unfortunately) too!! <3 love you